Edupi are Hospitality Immigration Specialist consultancy with a primary focus on business to business transactions and overseas chef placements.

What are the advantages for my business?

  • Edupi has access to a large pool of talented overseas candidates who are skill-assessed, highly experienced and sponsorship ready.
  • Candidates are not permitted to seek additional employment, or to change jobs without having first found a new sponsor.
    Overseas staff will give you access to consistent, reliable kitchen staff.
  • Candidates are highly skilled with 5-7 experience and most have worked in a western style international kitchens.
  • Candidates integrate well with existing staff.
  • Edupi has a comprehensive recruitment strategy saving you time and money.
  • 6 month performance guarantee.
  • 12 month abandonment guarantee.
  • Due to the Covid situation overseas, candidates are highly motivated to settle in Australia and stay with their employer as it improves their chance of achieving permanent residency. This particularly applies to regional areas.

What are the obligations on me as a sponsor?

  • Candidates are subject to the same industrial relations laws as any other employee in your workplace.
  • The candidate must be paid according to the relevant industrial award or collective agreement in place at the workplace. Most employees will attract the annualised rate under the award.
  • The candidate must have private health coverage as they are generally not covered by Medicare. If the candidate does not have health coverage you are not liable for any costs incurred in their hospitalisation.

What are the obligations on Edupi?

  • Source and check the candidate for suitability and prepare Edupi’s clients and lodge the visa application.
  • Provide you with a list of skilled candidates to choose from.
  • Lodge application for Tax File Number and forward to you and the candidate.
  • Provide ongoing migration advice and preparation for permanent residency.
  • Provide ongoing support to the employer.
  • Greet the candidate in Australia and provide them with an initial induction to the country.

Labour Agreements

Labour Agreements provide an opportunity for Restaurants and Licenced Hotels the opportunity to
recruit overseas staff outside of the standard skilled migration programmes.

Labour Agreement – Restaurant (Premium Dining)

Labour Agreements provide an opportunity for restaurants to recruit overseas workers with are either not eligible for the standard migration programmes or offer variations to terms and permanent visa options for occupations not normally eligible.

To qualify, you will need to meet the following entry requirements:

  • employs highly experienced staff
  • offers a wine list
  • has revenue of at least $2 million per annum
  • is non-franchised
  • requires specialised front-of-house staff (including but not limited to Trade Waiters)
  • Sommeliers, Maitre D’s
  • requires specialised back-of-house staff (including but not limited to Wok Chefs, Sushi Chefs, and specialised cuisine Chefs).

You will be able to sponsor the following occupations:

  • Chefs (351311)
  • Cooks (351411)
  • Cafe and Restaurant Manager (141111)
  • Trade Waiter (Maitre D, Sommelier Floor Supervisors) (070499)

All occupations will have a pathway to apply for permanent residency under the temporary transition pathway.  Chef and Cooks must work with you for two years on a 482 visa, and Cafe and Restaurant Manager and Trade Waiters will have to complete 3 years.

The age limit for PR applications is also lifted to 55.

For a TSS and SESR visa, the Nominee must achieve:

  • an overall score of at least IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent);
  • no less than IELTS 4.5 for listening and speaking components (or equivalent); and
  • not less than IELTS 4.0 for reading and writing components (or equivalent).

Labour Agreement – Hotel and Accommodation

It is assumed that you must be a Licensed Hotel to access the agreement with the labour agreement providing opportunities for roles specific to the Hotel and Accommodation industry to recruit overseas workers.

You will be able to sponsor the following occupations:

  • Cafe or Restaurant Manager (141111)
  • Hotel or Motel Manager (141311)
  • Hotel Service Manager (431411)
  • Accommodation and Hospitality Manager nec (141999)
  • Cook (351411)
  • Chef (351311)
  • Pastry Cook

All occupations will have a pathway to apply for permanent residency under the temporary transition pathway. The applicant must complete 3 years on a 482 visa to be eligible.  This applies to all occupations.

There are some concessions on the age limit:

  • For Overseas Workers nominated in the occupations ‘Cafe or Restaurant Manager’, ‘Hotel or Motel Manager’, ‘Hotel Service Manager’ or “Accommodation or Hospitality Manager nec’, applicants must be under the age of 55 when applying for the visa.
  • For Overseas Workers nominated in the occupations Cook, Chef or Pastry Cook, applicants must meet Standard Skilled visa program requirements – Nil concessions.

Book an Appointment

Contact Us